Before travelling to Belarus, please check whether you need a visa.
Submit visa applications to the Embassy or Consulate General of The Republic of Belarus in the applicant’s home country. You can find a list of Belarusian embassies online.
It can take up to five working days to process a business visa and fees start from EUR 114.
General visa requirements:
- Original passport, valid for at least six months upon entry, with one blank visa page
- Passport photo (must be a passport-sized colour photo)
- Invitation letter
- Application form
- Proof of travel insurance that must state:
- The applicant’s full name
- The policy provides worldwide vcoverage or coverage for Belarus
- The exact dates mentioned in the invitation letter and a declaration that the policy is valid during that period
- Display a minimum cost coverage of EUR 10,000
Information on visa-free travel via the checkpoint “Minsk National Airport”
According to the Presidential Decree, “On establishment of visa-free entry and exit of foreign nationals”, foreign citizens of 80 countries can enter Belarus for up to 5 days and exit from the territory of Belarus only through the state border checkpoint of the Republic of Belarus “Minsk National Airport”.
The given order of visa-free movement through the airport does not extend to persons coming to Belarus by plane from the Russian Federation, as well as to those who intend to fly to the airports of the Russian Federation (such flights are considered as internal ones and do not have border control).
The decree also does not apply to foreigners paying official visits. Diplomatic, official, special and other passports equal to them are not covered by this decree.
To enter the Republic of Belarus in the visa-free regime via the checkpoint “Minsk National Airport”, foreign nationals must have the following documents:
- A valid passport or another substituting document for traveling abroad
- Financial means: at least EUR 25 (or equal amount in dollars or Belarusian rubles) for each day of stay
- Medical insurance with coverage for at least EUR 10,000 that covers the territory of Belarus
- For citizens of Vietnam, Haiti, Gambia, Honduras, India, China, Lebanon, Namibia and Samoa a valid multiple visa of the EU member states or Schengen zone, with a mark in the passport upon crossing the border of these states, and tickets with confirmation of departure from “Minsk National Airport” within 5 days from the date of entry, is a compulsory additional requirement