Before travelling to the Russian Federation, please check whether you need a visa.
Submit visa applications to the Embassy or Consulate General of the Russian Federation in the applicant’s home country. You can find a list of Russian embassies online.
It can take up to ten working days to process a tourist visa and fees start from EUR 155. If you need a visa invitation letter to obtain a tourist visa, you can request one from your hotel.
General visa requirements:
- Original passport
- Passport photo (must be a passport-sized colour photo)
- Invitation letter
- This can be obtained from the hotel you are staying with or through a visa agency (see more on the Venue & Hotels page).
- Russian Consulate application form
- The Russian Consulate requires the visa application form to be printed on A4 paper with right and bottom margins of 5mm. Failure to meet these requirements will invalidate your form
- Proof of travel insurance that must state:
- The applicant’s full name
- The policy provides worldwide coverage or coverage for Russia
- The exact dates mentioned in the invitation letter and a declaration that the policy is valid during that period.