What is ENOG?
ENOG is the regional forum in which Internet experts concerned with the core operational issues of the Internet can share knowledge and expertise on issues unique to the Russian Federation, CIS and Eastern Europe.
Would you like to host an ENOG Meeting?
How you can benefit as an ENOG Host
Hosting an ENOG Meeting guarantees your organisation excellent visibility in the ENOG and RIPE communities. After we confirm you as Host, we’ll promote your vital contribution by:
- Mentioning your organisation’s name in the opening and closing plenaries and in announcements throughout the meeting
- Allowing you to make a short welcome speech during the opening plenary (no sales pitches please)
- Displaying your logo on the ENOG Meeting website, in printed meeting material, on the participant badges, on the intermission slides and on roll-up banners at the meeting
- Providing space (1m x 2m) in the coffee break area where you can display one promotional roll-up banner during both days of the meeting
Responsibilities of a Host
The RIPE NCC will be dependent on you as a local Host to help organise the ENOG Meeting. As a Host, you will commit resources to make sure the meeting runs smoothly. You will provide general support during the preparation and delivery of the ENOG Meeting. This includes:
- Provide financial assistance of at least EUR 15,000 that goes towards covering a part of the meeting costs
- Assist in finding a venue for the meeting that is available during the given dates. Based on previous ENOG Meeting attendance, we typically expect between 300 and 500 participants (depending on the destination) and you should consider these numbers when submitting your proposal
- Provide Internet connectivity at the meeting venue (see details below)*
- Assist in finding a suitable venue for a dinner social event for 250/350 (depending on the destination) participants that will take place on the first day of the meeting
- Invite local government officials
- Provide local PR for the event, including promotion in the local press and via appropriate mailing lists
- Provide and pay for suitable simultaneous translation*
- Provide and pay for a suitable webcast service*
- Provide and pay for a suitable barista service*
- Print and pay for ENOG polo t-shirts for the participants (the RIPE NCC will provide the design)*
- Print and pay for all paper material for the event (the RIPE NCC will provide all the documents to be printed)
- Provide three members of staff to assist with registration and other duties during the set-up day and the meeting (a total of three days)
* You can provide this yourself or through a sponsor company
Internet connectivity at the meeting venue
- Must be excellent: at least 250 Mbps
- All attendees must be able to connect to the network: a minimum of 15 access points
- A separate line for the webcast might be required
- IPv6 is a plus
- As the Host, you might want to arrange with the hotel to shut off their Wi-Fi network in the meeting areas for the duration of the meeting to avoid interference with the ENOG wireless network
The evening social events are an important part of the ENOG Meeting. An evening event can be a dinner, a reception, a boat tour, or anything that gives the attendees a chance to mingle in an informal atmosphere.
We invite you to provide any additional information that you think would support your proposal to host an ENOG Meeting.
If you have any queries about hosting an ENOG Meeting, email us at enog [at] ripe [dot] net.