Attendees of the ENOG meetings are quite sensitive to keeping presentations non-commercial, and product marketing talks are strongly discouraged. Repeated audience feedback shows that the most successful talks focus on operational experience, research results, or case studies. For example, presenters wishing to describe a commercial solution should focus on the underlying technology and not attempt a product demonstration.
Presenters who are proposing a panel or BoF are encouraged to include speakers from several (perhaps even competing) companies and/or a neutral facilitator.
In addition to presentations selected in advance for the Plenary, the Programme Committee also offers time for “lightning talks” which are selected immediately before or during the conference.
The following requirements apply:
– Proposals for talks, BoFs and panels must be submitted for full consideration no later than 9 April 2014, using the meeting submission system.
Proposals submitted after this date will be considered on a space-available basis.
– Presenters should indicate how much time they will require (30 minutes for talks is a common maximum duration).
– Proposals for talks will only be considered by the PC if they contain at least draft presentation slides (slides may be updated later on). For BoFs and panels proposals must contain a clear description as well as names of invited panelists/presenters.
– The abstract of a proposal should be submitted in English. Presentations can be submitted and given in English or Russian as we use simultaneous translation.
– Due to potential technical issues, it is expected that most if not all presenters/panelists will be physically present at the ENOG meeting.
– Lightning talks should be submitted using the meeting submission system. They must be short (10 minutes maximum) and often involve more timely topics. They can be submitted at any time. The allocation of lightning talk slots will be announced one day prior to the relevant session.
If you have any questions or requests concerning content submissions, please email pc [at] enog [dot] org.